[Freedombox-discuss] 403 error when connecting from the outside.

permondes - sagen sagen at permondes.de
Mon Nov 7 18:51:30 UTC 2016

Am Sonntag, den 06.11.2016, 23:30 -0500 schrieb A. F. Cano:

> On Sun, Nov 06, 2016 at 02:37:24PM +0100, permondes - sagen wrote:
> >    Hi Augustine,
> >
> >    which service are you trying to access? E.g. Plinth cannot be accessed
> >    from outside of your local network, this gives error 403, but e.g. ikiwiki
>
> Mmm... ok.
>
> >    should work.
>
> I have been using Bookmarks (Shaarli) from the inside network for a
> while now.  I haven't noticed anything to distinguish whether it is,
> or should be (or not) accessible from the outside, so I assumed it would
> be.

I don't have Shaarli running, as I am using the box based on Testing,
which does not include Shaarli.

> The diagnostics page shows radicale as passing all the tests, but I have
> not figured out yet how to import my data from Kaddressbook and Korganizer.
>
> Of course entering every address book entry, calendar item and todo list
> item by hand is not an option.  Can someone provide some hints about how
> to do this automatically or in a few steps?  I looked into this a while
> ago and found that since all my data is under Debian wheezy kde, it's
> not going to be as painless as it should be.  I might have to export
> everything, import it into a jessie kde system and go from there.
>
> Has anyone tried to do this?

I am using radicale for my calendar. It's been set up as described in
the wiki: https://wiki.debian.org/FreedomBox/Manual/Radicale (those
entries are from me).
As you can see, I am using evolution (stable). After the calendar was
set up on the box, I simply copied the appointments to the new calendar
by changing the "calendar" entry of each appointment. Then I updated the
calendar (right click and refresh), waited an eternity (processing is
extremely slow, 1h should be sufficient if there are many new entries)
and then checked with my Android mobile phone (also described there). I
think it should be possible to do the same in KDE. Access is possible
from the outside, I used sds-ip.de in the past, now I have my own domain
registered.

> Those are the 2 applications that are installed at this point.  I am now
> thinking that maybe I need to provide the specific paths to the
> applications but I can't test that now since I'm on the inside at the
> moment.

> >        Dietmar
>
> Thanks for replying.

Dietmar