[Freedombox-discuss] firewalld upgrade

James Valleroy jvalleroy at mailbox.org
Sat Nov 19 13:55:02 UTC 2016

On 11/19/2016 06:24 AM, permondes - sagen wrote:
> firewalld has a conffile prompt and I am not sure which version I should
> use. The changes are:
>
>> -DefaultZone=external
>> +DefaultZone=public
>> IPv6_rpfilter=yes
>> +IndividualCalls=no
>> +LogDenied=off
>
> Is it save to take the new settings or will e.g. DefaultZone impact
> FreedomBox?

FreedomBox does expect the DefaultZone to be external. I think the
safest option is to:

1) Choose 'y' to take the maintainer's version of this file.

2) Run "sudo firewall-cmd --set-default-zone=external" to change the
DefaultZone back to external.

Of course this is not a good user experience, and will prevent automatic
upgrades of firewalld whenever the package modifies this file.

The root cause is that /etc/firewalld/firewalld.conf is a conffile, and
firewalld modifies this file when we run the above command.

--
James