[Freedombox-discuss] problems flashing FBX image on Beaglebone Black

James Valleroy jvalleroy at mailbox.org
Sat Oct 1 15:55:12 UTC 2016

On 10/01/2016 10:41 AM, dgj+lists at systemli.org wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I failed installing FBX on the on-board eMMC of the Beaglebone Black;
> however, running it from the sd card works just fine. Is there any
> drawback to doing so? Is it safe to enlarge the 3.7 GB operating
> system partition to use as storage?
>
> Sorry for the newbie questions. Perhaps a mailing list or forum for
> new users would be helpful.
>
> Best,
> DJ

Running from the sd card, and resizing the partition, should both be ok.
Plinth (v0.10 and up) has a "Disks" module (under System Configuration)
that should let you enlarge the partition.

I haven't tried flashing to the on-board eMMC. The flashing script that
you are using may expect a different image layout than what we have.

I think newbie questions are ok on this mailing list! But a forum could
also be useful.

--
James