[Freedombox-discuss] initramfs after update

euomu euomu at inventati.org
Thu Oct 6 19:24:08 UTC 2016

Hi,
I had problem with 2nd version of Plinth ago, because it didn't show the
sidebar and I understood it was a bug fixed in one version ago, but I
couldn't ssh into the box(A20-OLinuXIno-LIME2), so I was stuck.

I managed to find a monitor and I updated everything 2 weeks ago. It
seemed fine while on monitor, but when I moved the box back and
restarted, it didn't work.

Tried to connect the monitor back, it got black every time. Luckily I
also have a serial usb and connected it to my laptop. Here I can see
that is booting but it ends with an error. Here is the last part of the
error:

3.639226] Btrfs loaded
Scanning for Btrfs filesystems
ERROR: could not scan /dev/mmcblk0p2
done.
Begin: Checking root file system ... fsck from util-linux 2.27.1
done.
/init: 401: /init: touch: not found
[    3.994268] BTRFS: device fsid 2bb9a7a0-a166-41af-b18f-1ce05351aa7d
devid 1 transid 77823 /dev/mmcblk0p2
[    4.007151] BTRFS: superblock checksum mismatch
[    4.020920] BTRFS: open_ctree failed
mount: Invalid argument
done.
Target filesystem doesn't have requested /sbin/init.
Begin: Running /scripts/local-bottom ... done.
Begin: Running /scripts/init-bottom ... mount: No such file or directory
done.
Could not copy file: No such device or address
No init found. Try passing init= bootarg.
[    4.102163] ehci_hcd: USB 2.0 'Enhanced' Host Controller (EHCI) Driver
[    4.109819] ehci-pci: EHCI PCI platform driver
[    4.121536] ehci-orion: EHCI orion driver
[    4.145555] ohci_hcd: USB 1.1 'Open' Host Controller (OHCI) Driver
(initramfs)

Please help, I keep having issues with the box(software wise)...beside
an advice for the problem above, is there also an advice on how to keep
freedombox more stable(like updating more rare or some other method)?

Thanks in advance