[Freedombox-discuss] Hack call

permondes - sagen sagen at permondes.de
Mon Oct 10 18:18:16 UTC 2016

Am Montag, den 10.10.2016, 17:39 +0000 schrieb dgj+lists at systemli.org:
> > Also if someone is looking to contribute, we can help them find an
> > appropriate task.
>
> I was unable to attend the hack call but would be interested in
> contributing to the FBX manual. What is the etiquette for doing so? As a
> non-SysAdmin, does it do more harm to contribute and potentially get
> something (slightly) wrong than not to contribute? I take extensive
> notes of what does and doesn't work as a user and would be happy to give
> back to this community by sharing what has worked for me in getting
> things working.
>
> Best,
> DJ

That was also my start, to put my notes on installing and using the Box
in the Wiki. I think this is very important input.

The manual is based on the wiki, if you have a debian wiki account, you
can start working on it. It provides a history, so that anyone can
polish your changes afterwards, so there is no risk.

We have a todo list for the manual here:
https://wiki.debian.org/FreedomBox/Manual/TODO

The pages per app should follow a certain structure:
https://github.com/freedombox/freedombox.org/issues/9

The level of completeness of the pages is very varying So there is still
a lot to do. The target reader is a FreedomBox user without deep
understanding of Linux and Debian. Therefore, e.g. I started to put some
topics that require SSH in a separate chapter called "advanced user".

Have fun
	Dietmar