[Freedombox-discuss] Testing ODroid-XU4 Notes

Nick Daly nick.m.daly at gmail.com
Mon Sep 5 18:14:11 UTC 2016

Hi Jonas,

Jonas Smedegaard <dr at jones.dk> writes:

> Hi Nick,
>
> Quoting Nick Daly (2016-09-04 21:27:25)
>>   - The [ODroid-XU4] seems sturdy and fast.  Really nice hardware.
>
> Do I recall correctly that the "fast" part come with the price of
> needing a fan?

Yes, the system comes with an integrated fan, about 2cm diameter.  It
runs infrequently (a few seconds a minute) when the system is not under
load, and seems pretty quiet (which you'd expect for a small fan).  I
haven't tried putting the system under load yet, though.  I've attached
a picture (that may or may not be scrubbed) with a Beaglebone Black for
scale.

Nick