[Freedombox-discuss] No apps, no sys configuration + no ssh access

Sunil Mohan Adapa sunil at medhas.org
Fri Sep 16 03:37:01 UTC 2016

On 09/16/2016 01:35 AM, euomu wrote:
> hi,
>
> I haven't been looking to the server for a month or more. Because I
> couldn't ssh into it or access plinth, I restarted it. Now I still can't
> ssh into it(permission denied), but I can get into plinth (only through
> pagekite) and the problem is that I have no apps and no system
> configuration (both pages have only a brief description).

There was a bug for a brief period where the menus on the left
disappeared.  You can still reach all the applications and system
settings by typing the URLs.  For example, /plinth/sys/users will give
you user management.

> Any recommendation on what can I do to get a fully functional Plinth (as
> it used to be) and ssh access?

Please check Plinth's version in /plinth/help/about ?  It should be 0.10.0.

Check if automatic upgrades are enabled in plinth/sys/upgrades/ . Check
for upgrade errors in /plinth/sys/upgrades/upgrade/

Then create a fresh new user in /plinth/sys/users with admin permissions
and try to login with that user on SSH.  Check if FreedomBox upgrades
have halted for some reason:

$ sudo apt update
$ sudo apt dist-upgrade

--