[Freedombox-discuss] Social networking component?

Rick graham.rick at gmail.com
Fri Apr 7 16:01:23 UTC 2017

Hi guys.

Been following this for a while, you seem to be persisting quite well.

I'm retiring in 6 months (60) and I have a project in mind.  Currently I
develop situation displays for air traffic control, I'm an expert in
dynamic SVG.

I'm going to create a suite to develop SVG interactive desktops and or
desktop elements.  I could take a look at creating an alternative UI for
Freedom box with encouragement.

So, just gauging interest.

On Fri, Apr 7, 2017 at 3:50 AM, Petter Reinholdtsen <pere at hungry.com> wrote:

> [Sandy Harris]
> > Web description sounds good. I have not tested.
> > https://staltz.com/an-off-grid-social-network.html
>
> It definitely seem like an interesting alternative to GNU Social.
> Anyone have any idea how hard it would be to package for Debian?  Which
> parts of it should be packaged, in that case?
>
> Is there RSS support for gathering several blogs like planet.debian.org.
>
> --
> Happy hacking
> Petter Reinholdtsen

The best definition of a gentleman is a man who can play the accordion --
but doesn't.