[Freedombox-discuss] Social networking component?

Melvin Carvalho melvincarvalho at gmail.com
Fri Apr 7 17:04:16 UTC 2017

On 7 April 2017 at 07:29, Sandy Harris <sandyinchina at gmail.com> wrote:

> Web description sounds good. I have not tested.
> https://staltz.com/an-off-grid-social-network.html

I've used this before and I like it, but it's quite resource intensive.

I'd suggest building something off Solid, for a really first class social
component, where users are given full control of their own data.

https://www.wired.com/2017/04/tim-berners-lee-inventor-web-plots-radical-overhaul-creation/

GNU Social would have been built this way IMHO, in an ideal world, but the
usual story of shortage of man power.  Having code donated was a deal
breaker back then, but the code behind solid is in a much better state now.