[Freedombox-discuss] FYI - how to install Cockpit web (UI) service to fbx

Pascal heynmoeller at gmx.net
Thu Aug 10 11:03:07 UTC 2017

I will try that. Just copying another proxy file from apache.
Some webapps only work on direkt Domains without subdir or alias behind  it. But Im sure it will work.

Auth is no Problem. Cockpit uses system users like fbx or ldap users can also be used for access. So SSO works out of the box also on port 9090 without apache. This experience and first impressions are very good.
Without apache proxy, cockpit can be restricted for internal access only.
With apache proxy in use I would like to have a fail2ban module for cockpit!

G Pascal

Am 10. August 2017 11:53:40 MESZ schrieb Daddy <daddy at autistici.org>:

>> Would be interesting to know if cockpit can run behind Apache under
>> /cockpit.  This would avoid having to meddle with the firewall and we
>> can potentially do (SSO) authentication using Apache.
>
>Couldn't that be achieved (circumvented) by configuring reverse proxy
>setting for cockpit in apache? So it would still technically run on its
>own port, but Apache would be forwarding requests from /subdir to it.

Sry deleted to mutch with K9 from my mobile