[Freedombox-discuss] XMPP help?

dgj+lists at systemli.org dgj+lists at systemli.org
Thu Aug 24 18:54:44 UTC 2017

Hi,

I did a fresh flash of Freedombox 0.13.1 for BBB on a micro sd card.
After installing XMPP I cannot get it to work. I hope the following
information is useful. Can anyone help?

When using JSXC, I get the following error:

Domain is /mydomain/.freedombox.rocks

"BOSH server NOT reachable or misconfigured. Host unknown:
/mydomain/.freedombox.rocks is unknown to your XMPP server."

When I change the domain to localhost, I get "BOSH Server reachable."

Furthermore, I cannot connect to XMPP server using a client like Jitsi,
Pidgin, or Gajim. In fact, Gajim gives the following error:

"Server replied: The value of the 'to' attribute provided by the
initiating entity in the stream header does not correspond to a hostname
that is hosted by the server. Check your connection or try again later."

As far as II can tell, the Dynamic DNS Client is configured correctly.
For instance, I can connect to /mydomain/.freedombox.rocks/ikiwiki
without any problems. By contrast, when I try
/mydomain/.freedombox.rocks/plinth/apps/jsxc/jsxc, I get a 403 Forbidden
error, which makes me think it is a permissions problem.

Any ideas?

Thanks!!!

Best,
DJ