[Freedombox-discuss] Google DNS in BIND?

Daddy daddy at autistici.org
Mon Dec 4 08:31:53 UTC 2017

Aaah, for a while, it looked like you are talking to yourself ;) - the
reply from keastes at gmail.com didn't go to the list (nor did my previous
reply to your mail..).

I agree that considering the mission statement of the Freedombox:
/"it provides online communication tools *respecting your privacy**and
data ownership*. You can use FreedomBox at home to *replace services
provided by third-parties mining your life and using your content.*"/

usage of the "services" (honeypots) of any big known offenders in this
area should be considered a bug or at least very-nice-not-to-haves.

prism-break.org has following to say about Google DNS:

"/Google Public DNS permanently logs your ISP and location information
for analysis. Your ip-address is also stored for 24 hours./"

and offers following alternatives:
nsupdate.info <https://prism-break.org/en/projects/nsupdateinfo/>
OpenNIC <https://prism-break.org/en/projects/opennic/>

D.

PS: Is prism-break.org considered reputable source in these circles?