[Freedombox-discuss] Freedombox as router - LAN-wide privacy

Daddy daddy at autistici.org
Wed Feb 8 21:52:02 UTC 2017

Hello everyone.

One more satisfied user of Freedombox chiming in, with a question - if I
may.

/TL;DR/: Is there a way to route all HTTP(S) traffic from internal zone
through Privoxy?

/Whole story/: I'm using Freedombox as a combo web-app host/home router
and everything works flawlessly. Now, I would like to implement
transparent LAN-wide privacy filter - blocking all trackers for any
client connected to the Internet from the internal zone (this was one of
the main reasons for building a server) and while I'm at it, all the ads
too.
I've installed, configured and tested Privoxy - and it delivers the
functionality I need. However, it requires client-side setup (proxy
settings), which is often non-trivial (depending on the client type) and
sometimes impossible (OS/software combination not supporting proxy,
non-rooted android box connected via ethernet).

So, is it possible to set this up completely router-side?

Thanks for any response and also thanks to everyone involved for their work.
D.