[Freedombox-discuss] LetsEncrypt - 4096 certificate option

Diederik de Haas didi.debian at cknow.org
Mon Feb 13 15:03:10 UTC 2017

On maandag 13 februari 2017 13:47:04 CET Pierre L. wrote:
> Is it possible to boost Letsencrypt certificate to 4096 bits?

Yes.

> May be inside a file, but which one ?!

Put the following in the default configuration file, which is /etc/certbot/
cli.ini or ~/.config/letsencrypt/cli.ini according to the manpage or put it in
your own (ini style) config file which you then specify with the '-c' parameter:

# Use a 4096 bit RSA key instead of 2048
rsa-key-size = 4096

That's what I have on my (Debian) system. I haven't tried it with freedombox
just yet, but I doubt they divert from the Debian package.