[Freedombox-discuss] GSoC 2017 project ideas

James Valleroy jvalleroy at mailbox.org
Thu Feb 16 22:34:27 UTC 2017

On 01/22/2017 04:46 PM, James Valleroy wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've created a page on the wiki to collect project ideas for Google
> Summer of Code:
> https://wiki.debian.org/FreedomBox/SummerOfCode
>
> The idea is that we work on brainstorming ideas on this page. Once we
> have some ready, we can submit it to the Debian Summer of Code 2017
> projects page. (The 2017 page doesn't exist yet, but here is the page
> for last year: https://wiki.debian.org/SummerOfCode2016/Projects)
>
> Please feel free to add any project ideas that you have.

I added myself as co-mentor for the mail server project. Is anyone
willing to mentor or co-mentor this one? (I believe at least one
co-mentor is required now.)

Also, from the discussion in #debian-outreach on IRC, it looks like the
projects need to be added very soon to
https://wiki.debian.org/SummerOfCode2017/Projects. If there are not
sufficient good project ideas, then Debian might not be selected for
GSoC this year.