[Freedombox-discuss] cannot access plinth config web server

Aaron Ferrucci aaron.ferrucci at gmail.com
Sat Jan 7 21:05:32 UTC 2017

Success! I did start over using the freedombox amd64 image (rather than
going the "install debian, update to 'testing', install freedombox" route).

There was one moment of confusion, when the console said, "Booting from
Hard Disk" and then apparently hanged. Reason: I was connected via the
serial port to my apu1d4 to select boot options, and (apparently) the
freedombox image doesn't talk on the serial port. (It might be a nice
enhancement to the installation flow to provide a way to enable the serial
console.)

In any case, I've successfully connected to the plinth config page, added a
user and ssh'ed in as that user. Before going any further I'd like to
install the image to my internal SSD, rather than a USB thumb drive. I'll
peruse the manual and the archives for info on how to do that, and post a
new thread if I can't find anything.
Thanks for your help, Sunil!
-Aaron