[Freedombox-discuss] Location of user data.

Petter Reinholdtsen pere at hungry.com
Thu Jul 6 05:32:37 UTC 2017

[A. F. Cano]
> I'd be happy now if I get confirmation that /var/lib is where the user
> data resides and restoring these directories would get these apps to
> the previously working state in the new modern image.

You should find stuff that did not come included in the package from
Debian in /var/ and the configuration in /etc/.  You can probably limit
it to /var/lib/, as that is the location for application data (as
opposed to caches, spools, logs etc).

When I reinstall from scratch, I typically save /var/, /etc/ and /home/
to have it available after installation.

--
Happy hacking
Petter Reinholdtsen