[Freedombox-discuss] Workshop on Low Cost Community Networks with FreedomBox

Sunil Mohan Adapa sunil at medhas.org
Thu Mar 2 17:42:18 UTC 2017

On 03/02/2017 01:16 AM, sam at bristolwireless.net wrote:

>> This sounds like an interesting workshop.  Are there any plans to train
>> people from around the world so that they can then give the workshop
>> wherever they are from?
>
> This sounds good. It may be possible to adapt something from
> http://wndw.net/
>
> This book is a practical guide to designing and building wireless
> networks in local communities, enhancing lives through improved
> communication, access to information for educational, social and
> economic growth. Its primary goal is to help expand access to the
> Internet and to expand the deployment of community networks where there
> is currently no infrastructure to enable this to happen. Written by
> subject matter experts who have vast experience in deploying wireless
> networks in the field and connecting communities to the global Internet.
>
> Or even provide it as a handout on USB?

Awesome that you mentioned http://wndw.net/ .  This book has been
inspirational for us.  It is a strongly recommended reading material for
our team :)  I only wish it had been more technically detailed in some
areas.  Hopefully our documentation will complement that at least our
kind of implementation.

--
Sunil