[Freedombox-discuss] Low Cost Community Wi-Fi Networks

Jonas Smedegaard jonas at jones.dk
Thu Mar 2 18:34:00 UTC 2017

Quoting Sunil Mohan Adapa (2017-03-02 19:08:20)
> On 03/02/2017 04:03 PM, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
> > I notice in your text that an Olimex board was used.  Cool!
>
> Certainly a +1 to OSHW there :)
>

> > As I understand, there are few if any distributors of Olimex boards
> > in India - I imagine that making some noise about this succesful
> > deployment might help raise awarenes of the boards to encourage
> > distributors to put those boards on the shelves: Is your report on a
> > website somewhere?  One way to make noise is to pass a web page
> > (preferrably easy consumable with a few pictures) to Olimex, to
> > encourage them re-posting on their blog.
>
> We did manage to find a couple of suppliers.  We almost didn't get the
> metal box for the Lime2.

That is good to hear!  Please share some details.

Given that the metal box is relatively new, I am not surprised that one
in particular was harder to get.

At #debian-in have several times been met with the argument that those
boards were not possible to get in India.  Given my appreciation for
those boards, I would love to be able to help point to resellers in
India.

> Will try to put the article on a website soon and connect with Olimex
> folks.  Thanks for the suggestion.

Looking forward to that.  It is a nice article!