[Freedombox-discuss] Low Cost Community Wi-Fi Networks

James Valleroy jvalleroy at mailbox.org
Sun Mar 5 21:02:49 UTC 2017

On 03/02/2017 12:57 PM, Sunil Mohan Adapa wrote:
> On 03/02/2017 05:35 PM, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
>>
>> Hi.  Very cool project and very interesting report.  I look forward to
>> testing some of these features on my FreedomBox. :)
>
> I know you are lightly poking at me for Ampache, etc. :)  We have to
> make time for improving its packaging in Debian.
>
> Let me just say that people like it.  They are using "Power Ampache"
> (new devices) and "Amdriod" (older and newer devices).

It looks like ampache has been removed from Debian (unstable). Are you
planning to upload/maintain it?

I've been testing mpd a bit. I'm able to control it remotely with gmpc
and stream to vlc (over http). It should be simple to put together a
Plinth module for it. I'm wondering how the music files should be
uploaded though (upload form in Plinth?).

--
James