[Freedombox-discuss] DNS on local network

Dieter dieter at sarina-ist-doof.de
Thu May 25 08:31:02 UTC 2017

Hello!

Sorry for digging out this old conversation, but i found the time to
play with dnsmasq a bit.

Sunils suggestion is correct, there is one tiny problem though.

NetworkManager will start dnsmasq with this commandline:
--conf-dir=/etc/NetworkManager/dnsmasq-shared.d

So the hosts.conf has to be put in dnsmasq-shared.d.

Then the issue with ip-adresses will come up, as this file is shared
among multiple interfaces.

And i have not been able to get NetworkManager to use the wifi-card in
infrastructure mode, connecting the wired network (i.e. eth0) to the
wireless network.

Any ideas would also be appreciated!

Best wishes,

Dieter