[Freedombox-discuss] Snapshots module installation

Petter Reinholdtsen pere at hungry.com
Mon Nov 20 10:19:49 UTC 2017

[Daddy]
> I would like to ask for help with installing Snapshots (snapper) on
> freedombox running on debian stretch.

I suspect snapper made my system unstable when filling up btrfs, see
careful.

I want the file system consistency check of btrfs (it handle and detect
bit rot in data), but not the problems that occur when the file system
fill up. :)

> When installing via plinth, I get following error:

Never seen the error. :)

> As per google, I see that this is probably bug with snapper itself - in
> particular running on ext4 partitions.
> https://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse/2013-02/msg00421.html
>
> So I don't know, if it is anything that can be solved within the
> freedombox... Still, any comments are appreciated.

Well, if you are not using btrfs (grep btrfs /proc/mounts), you can not
and should not use snapper. :)

--
Happy hacking
Petter Reinholdtsen