[Freedombox-discuss] Outreachy: December 2017 to March 2018 (Joseph Nuthalapati)

Leni Kadali Mutungi lenikmutungi at gmail.com
Mon Sep 11 11:13:21 UTC 2017

>    1. Re: Outreachy 15 Participation (Bhavya Lahari)
>    2. (no subject) (Katerina Kabardi)
>    3. Re: Outreachy 15 Participation (Joseph Nuthalapati)
>    4. Outreachy: December 2017 to March 2018 (Joseph Nuthalapati)
> Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2017 12:34:58 +0530
> From: Joseph Nuthalapati <njoseph at thoughtworks.com>
> To: freedombox-discuss at lists.alioth.debian.org
> Subject: [Freedombox-discuss] Outreachy: December 2017 to March 2018
>
> Hello everyone,
>
> I just discovered a program called Outreachy on seeing two threads on
> our mailing list.
> Looks like we already have 2 women willing to contribute to FreedomBox
> as part of Outreachy.
>
> Have we already applied to be an Outreachy community for the latest
> Outreachy?
> Were we part of Outreachy earlier?
Been lurking in the community, so I can answer this. Yes, FreedomBox
was part of the last Outreachy round (May - August 2017) but as far as
I know, they didn't have any successful applicants. The project on
offer were to add secure mail server support to FreedomBox (100% free
software web server for small machines) Python, Django, Shell
scripting and the project is listed under the Debian section as shown
in [1]. At one point, mray's Card based UI was part of the listed
projects as well.

At present, the text editor for server configuration files in Plinth
project is listed under the present round under the Debian section as
listed in [2].

When one goes to the Debian projects page [3], one sees that the
information for the text editor project is still empty, pending
discussion from the community.

Hope the info helps :-)

[1]: https://wiki.gnome.org/Outreachy/2017/MayAugust#Participating_Organizations
[2]: https://www.outreachy.org/apply/rounds/2017-december-march/