[Fsf-Debian] No response?

Ben Finney ben+debian at benfinney.id.au
Fri Aug 3 22:21:01 UTC 2012

Paul van der Vlis <paul at vandervlis.nl> writes:

> Op 03-08-12 17:46, Daniel Kahn Gillmor schreef:
> > Debian is already 100% free software.
>
> In Debian there is a contrib and a non-free section. This is
> officially not a part of Debian, but in reality it is (in my opinion).

The Debian project says those sections are not part of Debian,
explicitly in their foundational documents. Do we not allow the Debian
project to say what is and is not part of Debian?

> I don't want to change that, but I want to "move it away" to another
> organisation.

Okay. But can we at least agree to use the definition of “Debian” that
the Debian project have given consistently from the beginning?

--
 \           “Never express yourself more clearly than you are able to |
  `\                                               think.” —Niels Bohr |