[Fsf-Debian] Non-free firmware question during install

Andrei POPESCU andreimpopescu at gmail.com
Tue Aug 7 17:28:36 UTC 2012

On Ma, 07 aug 12, 18:12:40, Paul van der Vlis wrote:

> But if we do not talk about nonfree firmware, we do not need to tell
> that we do not recommended it.

Why not?

> I think telling about nonfree.org would be wrong in the eyes of the FSF.
> For me, it would not be a problem.

I meant to point users to an easy to remember website that might contain
something like www.debian.org/intro/free (too long to mention in that
text). Assuming nonfree.org is created I think it's front page should
contain something very similar to the text at w.d.o/intro/free.

> It is OK for me, but I would prefer a text without the word "non-free"
> in it.

Just pretending it doesn't exist won't make it go away.

Kind regards,
Andrei