[Fsf-Debian] Firefighting in this forum (was: [Dev] Comparison with Parabola)

Ben Finney ben+debian at benfinney.id.au
Wed Aug 8 02:13:00 UTC 2012

Bryan Baldwin <bryan at katofiad.co.nz> writes:

> Thats just plain rubbish. There were no sweeping statements, the
> subject and object of my criticisms are specific. In lieu of outright
> refusal to acknowledge the critic, this is an example of stalling
> honest dialog with bureaucratic nonsense and pedantry. Another problem
> with Debian that shouldn't get the opportunity to be exported.

Your many messages in this forum are overwhelmingly dismissive of points
of view you disagree with, allowing no compromise. This is hostile to a
forum specifically set up to find compromise.

You also exhibit a tendency to depict the Debian project as irredeemably
awful and deserving of ostracism, on the basis of principles and
procedures that are central to the operation of the project. This
implies that only a complete transformation of the Debian project would
satisfy you.

I don't know your true attitudes, but unless your intention is to
inflame and polarise discussion, your communications so far have been
counterproductive.

I appeal to you to consider why you're participating here and whether
you are helping or hurting your goal by communicating in this
inflammatory us-versus-them way; and I appeal to others here to consider
how much energy to expend on firefighting.

--
 \      “My roommate got a pet elephant. Then it got lost. It's in the |
  `\                              apartment somewhere.” —Steven Wright |