[Fsf-Debian] Suggested wording...

Stefano Zacchiroli zack at debian.org
Mon Aug 13 17:50:16 UTC 2012

On Mon, Aug 13, 2012 at 06:19:18PM +0200, Paul van der Vlis wrote:
> Op 13-08-12 02:04, Mason Loring Bliss schreef:
> > On Sun, Aug 12, 2012 at 10:43:49PM +0200, Paul van der Vlis wrote:
> >
> >> For me it'a difficult to understand english when it becomes non-technical,
> >> but e.g. cynical. But aren't you overreacting?
> >
> > No, he was inexcusably rude. He was repeatedly accusing people of lying.

For the sake of list "governance": I concur that, to ensure healthy
discussions, tones are as important as mail content. Which is why ---
wearing my list administrator admin --- I've asked Bryan both publicly
on this list (first) and privately (then) to avoid inflammatory
comments.

For the avoidance of doubt, I've then invited John Sullivan as list
co-admin, in order to have the two main communities participating on
this list represented.  We'd rather stay idle as list admins and not
have to do anything, so please behave :-)

I'm sorry to learn from this exchange that past "heated" exchanges have
driven Mason away. If there is some margin to reconsider the decision,
please do; otherwise, I'd understand.

Cheers.
--
Stefano Zacchiroli  . . . . . . .  zack at upsilon.cc . . . . o . . . o . o