[Fsf-Debian] Suggested wording...

Michael Gilbert mgilbert at debian.org
Tue Aug 14 16:04:29 UTC 2012

On Mon, Aug 13, 2012 at 6:21 PM, Bryan Baldwin wrote:
> Which I've taken on board, if you'll excuse the metaphor. Mr. Bliss, Mr.
> Gilbert, and Mr. Finney may not listen to it, but my exception wasn't
> that some or any of them wanted to explain what _they_ thought to me. It
> was the pernicious insistence on telling me what to think, how to think,
> and that any thoughts other then their thoughts are confusion. Hence the
> Orwellian references. There are four lights.

This is entirely wrong about the way I communicate.  I will never
attempt to stifle any particular viewpoint.  Free will is simply too
important.  I am in fact a strong believer in diverse viewpoints.
Even though I have very little tolerance of negativity, I will not
seek to stifle it: I will simply ignore it.  Ultimately, I think (at
least toward myself) you are perceiving persuasive argument somehow as
thought oppression.  I would like to encourage you to spend a little
more time attempting to fully understand the writer's viewpoint before
quickly jumping to quite possibly wrong conclusions about their
message.

Best wishes,
Mike