[Fsf-collab] Introduction

Stefano Zacchiroli leader at debian.org
Wed Jul 4 20:15:40 UTC 2012

On Wed, Jul 04, 2012 at 01:00:06PM -0700, Grant H. wrote:
> Either way I look forward to working with everyone.  If you want to get
> in touch with me or collaborate with me on the libreplanet wikipage
> about software that doesn't respect free system guidelines email me.  My
> contact information is below.

Hi Grant, thanks for this mail of yours (with useful pointers to the
work you've been doing recently) and for your kind words. I'm looking
forward to work with all of you too.

OTOH, I suggest we wait a bit before starting the actual "work", just to
give time to people to subscribe to the list. Also, me and John have
already discussed various things before this announcement, and I'd like
to start with a report of that past work so that we are all on the same
page about that. But I'm a bit short of time in the next 7-10 days (I'm
at the yearly Debian conference in Nicaragua) and I think John's away
too.  Of course we can start discuss whatever subscribers please :-),
but it might be more productive to wait a little bit for an actual
roadmap.

It'd be great if, in the meantime, subscribers could introduce
themselves and explain why they're interested in this initiative (that
was the intended meaning of "saying hi" in my original message :-)).

For my part, I'm currently serving as Debian Project Leader and I've had
the honor of doing so for the past ~2.5 years. My interest on this
initiative is well explained at [1], I believe, but feel free to ask me
more!

Talk to you soon,
Cheers.

[1] https://lists.debian.org/debian-project/2012/07/msg00016.html