[Fsf-collab] first idea

Michael Gilbert michael.s.gilbert at gmail.com
Thu Jul 5 22:48:45 UTC 2012

On Thu, Jul 5, 2012 at 6:11 PM, Paul Wise wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 5, 2012 at 2:14 PM, Thorsten Alteholz wrote:
>
>> http://libreplanet.org/wiki/List_of_software_that_does_not_respect_the_Free_System_Distribution_Guidelines
>
> This list seems out of date, for example chromium-bsu upstream (me)
> switched to the clarified artistic license, the Debian maintainer (me)
> uploaded that to Debian and other folks uploaded it to other
> distributions.
>
> I would suggest that instead of this wiki page, folks should have used
> a list of unreported/unreportable issues and where possible file bugs
> against Debian (with appropriate usertags) (and upstream) and remove
> them from that wiki page.

Right now is probably not the best time to start filing these as bugs
(given that we're currently in a freeze, and thus not much is going to
get done).  On the other hand, I think this would be a great set of
bugs as a starting point for an "FSF-free" release goal project for
wheezy+1.

Best wishes,
Mike