[Fsf-Debian] My Introduction

Kete kete at ninthfloor.org
Sun Jul 8 23:03:36 UTC 2012

Hello,
I am mostly just an end user. I started using open source software
about ten years ago, and a few years later, I tried Knoppix and Ubuntu.
I moved around for a year or two and took a hiatus from the internet and
Ubuntu. A few years ago, I started using Debian. I looked into packaging
but never became a maintainer. I switched to Parabola this
year and help out with a few of their packages and their wiki.

I'm interested in this project because it meets a popular demand:
plenty of Debian users are upset that the FSF cannot acknowledge their
favorite distro. I also admire the FSF's work and agree that software
should allow certain freedoms or else the software is unnecessarily
preventing full use. Therefore, I would like to stay apprised of this
collaboration's progress on freedom issues, and I like to chip in when
I have a comment.

Sincerely,
Kete Foy