[Fsf-Debian] Silent here

Paul van der Vlis paul at vandervlis.nl
Wed Nov 21 13:39:02 UTC 2012

Hi,

Very silent here.

In my opinion it's not a good idea to make Debian FSF-free at the
moment. But what we should do is to make Debian "almost FSF-free" and
make some steps in the good direction.

In my opinion we could do the following:
1. Move the non-free and the contrib repository from the debian.org
domain to another domain name, under control of DD's.
2. Change the installer in a manner that no non-free firmware is advised
anymore, but that you still can use it.
3. Remove recommendations or suggestions to non-free software in packages.

What we cannot do at the moment is remove non-free and contrib
completely, and we also cannot remove all documentation about non-free
software and firmware.

With regards,
Paul van der Vlis.

--
Paul van der Vlis Linux systeembeheer, Groningen
http://www.vandervlis.nl