[Fsf-Debian] rar/unrar

Paul Wise pabs at debian.org
Wed Oct 17 23:56:53 UTC 2012

On Thu, Oct 18, 2012 at 5:18 AM, Michael Gilbert wrote:

> evince only 'Suggests' unrar, so it at least won't get installed
> automatically; although you're right, why is it doing that.  Please
> file a bug report requesting that the unrar suggests be replaced by
> unrar-free.  I didn't look at ocular, but if its the same situation,
> another bug report is the best approach.

unrar-free does not support current RAR formats, so please don't suggest that.

Personally I don't see why PDF readers should suggest a RAR format
reader since the two are unrelated. There does not appear to be any
rationale for these suggestions either.

http://packages.debian.org/changelogs/pool/main/e/evince/current/changelog#version0.8.1-2

--
bye,