[Fsf-Debian] Deciding how Debian depends/recommends non-free packages

Stefano Zacchiroli leader at debian.org
Sat Oct 27 12:30:04 UTC 2012

On Fri, Oct 26, 2012 at 04:32:53PM -0400, Michael Gilbert wrote:
> Since we're trying to improve collaboration with the FSF, and since
> this matter is likely of fundamental interest to the FSF, I was
> wondering if one of the FSF representatives would like to weigh in on
> that discussion?  Hopefully your external viewpoint will help the
> committee make the best, well-rounded decision.

I agree that's a worthwhile goal.

But for that to happen, I think it'd be more efficient to gather
information on this list, hopefully reaching consensus on a common
position or, at worst, on a small sets of positions. Then someone can
summarize them for the tech-ctte.

It looks like a way more efficient workflow, at least for the Debian
Technical Committee that tends to be very busy, than soliciting opinion
from all this list participants directly in the bug log.

Cheers.
--
Stefano Zacchiroli  . . . . . . .  zack at upsilon.cc . . . . o . . . o . o
Debian Project Leader . . . . . . @zack on identi.ca . . o o o . . . o .