[Fsf-Debian] LibrePlanet Talk

John Sullivan johns at fsf.org
Mon Mar 25 19:07:48 UTC 2013

Felipe Sanches <juca at members.fsf.org> writes:

> Today at LibrePlanet, Stefano Zacchiroli gave a talk about Debian and
> GNU in which he summarizes the current state of the negotiations to
> get Debian included in the FSF free distros list.
>
> I think it would be great for everyone here to watch the video footage.
>
> I have just subscribed to this mailing list because I  am also
> interested in taking part in this discussion more closely and his talk
> reminded me of the existance of this mailinglist.

It was a great talk. We are processing the video footage of all of the
talks now, and will be publishing it in the coming days/weeks (there are
pretty many talks). I will be sure to notify this list when we put this
one up.

I also made a comment from the audience at the end of the talk which
probably won't show up on the audio, but was approximately, "Thank you
very much for your efforts; the delays on the mailing list conversation
have been entirely FSF's fault, specifically mine. I'm still optimistic,
but also hope that even if we don't make it all the way to agreement,
out of this process FSF will gain a better understanding and explanation
of its free distribution standards, Debian will get some freedom bugs
fixed according to its own standards, and our overall cooperation will
be improved."

-john

GPG Key: 61A0963B | http://status.fsf.org/johns | http://fsf.org/blogs/RSS

<http://www.fsf.org/register_form?referrer=8096>.