[Fsf-Debian] A small thought on how Debian might be able to help.

John Sullivan johns at fsf.org
Tue Sep 9 18:34:17 UTC 2014

Ansgar Burchardt <ansgar at debian.org> writes:

> Hi,
>
> On 09/05/2014 19:05, John Sullivan wrote:
>> For the FSF standards, the key is that there be no nonfree software.
>
> Is the key no non-free software or no non-free software that the user sees?

I know this topic is in general interesting to discuss (and I'm happy to
do it elsewhere), but I think for this list it's not especially
relevant. The idea proposed was that the FSF and Debian should work
together to get more firmware released as free software. No matter
exactly where the FSF's lines of concern for our own Respects Your
Freedom hardware certification program are drawn, we are on board for
the general project of getting more firmware released as free software.

I know my comments invited the discussion :) but I'd like to cap it here
so we can keep this list focused on FSF-Debian projects.

-john

GPG Key: 61A0963B | http://status.fsf.org/johns | http://fsf.org/blogs/RSS

<http://www.fsf.org/register_form?referrer=8096>.