[Fusioninventory-user] Can Windows agent read arbitrary values from Registry?

Chris Wood CWood at ta-petro.com
Mon Oct 10 15:07:57 UTC 2011

Is there a way to read arbitrary registry values using the Fusion agent?
We have hundreds of Windows PCs that have various use assignments. The
admins have saved these values in the Windows registry using BigFix. Is
there a way to tell fusioninventory-agent to read an arbitrary registry
value?

I'm thinking it would be very useful to have an option something like
this:

--read-registry
"Location"="[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\BigFix\EnterpriseClient\Settings\Client\Location]value"

and be able to specify it multiple times:

--read-registry "Type"="[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\TA Software\PC
Configuration]Category"
--read-registry "Comments"="[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\TA Software\PC
Configuration]Subcategory"
--read-registry "Inventory number"="[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\TA
Software]AuditID"

Thanks,
Chris