[Glibc-bsd-devel] Re: comments on the FreeBSD packages

Robert Millan zeratul2@wanadoo.es
Wed, 16 Jul 2003 22:04:17 +0000

On Wed, Jul 16, 2003 at 05:43:00PM -0400, Nathan Hawkins wrote:

> I'm going to take a look at hacking the freebsd-make (fmake) so that it
> doesn't conflict with pmake. They both want to use /usr/share/mk, and I
> think I can fix that.  The other ones might be fixable as well, if I get
> creative.

I see..

> I don't have time to upload them today, but I've been busy hacking on
> freebsd-utils. I now have ~115 utilities being built, including ppp,
> nfsd, and whole bunch of other things.  I'll try to at least upload the
> source packages in the next couple days.

No hurry; when you do, please use the CVS at alioth (you have write access)

As for PPP, I hope the FreeBSD people will like to move my ported ppp to the
ports collection (iirc the PPP they have in base is not actively maintained).

> I did run into a nasty problem, while trying to build devd. Apparently
> c++ doesn't work at all in the native libc build environment.

ouch! well, hopefuly not critical.. looking at the manpage, devd doesn't seem
very hard to port anyway. (that is, if it uses standard calls for watching
/dev)

--
Robert Millan