[Glibc-bsd-devel] Some feedback

Robert Millan zeratul2@wanadoo.es
Sun, 4 Jul 2004 23:44:04 +0200

Hi Nicolas!

On Sun, Jul 04, 2004 at 10:09:15PM +0200, Nicolas Souchu wrote:

> I had to copy /etc/netconfig from my FreeBSD host to /etc because
> mount of nfs told me udp: Netconfig database not found

Do you know wether /etc/netconfig is accessed by userland mount or by the
kernel? In either case I can add /etc/netconfig to our hacked freebsd-utils
package but there's also a long-term question (see below).

> And the following patch:
>
> [...]

I'm adding this to our hacked version of sysvinit, thanks.

> Early init still call mount with -n option and I don't know how to avoid it.
>
> NFS locks seem not ok yet, I have to digg.
>
> reboot is not clean with umounts and option -d.

I can add fixes for this to our hacked sysvinit if you like, but note that
our mount/umount are temporary. Current plan is to replace them with portable
utilities that work on many kernels. I already started work on this, by
writing libpmount (http://bugs.debian.org/255716).

Btw, I'm interested on writing a FreeBSD port of libpmount. Would you commit
it if I send a PR? Or perhaps only the ports developers are in charge?

--
Robert Millan

"[..] but the delight and pride of Aule is in the deed of making, and in the
thing made, and neither in possession nor in his own mastery; wherefore he
gives and hoards not, and is free from care, passing ever on to some new work."

 -- J.R.R.T., Ainulindale (Silmarillion)