kfreebsd-config

Aurelien Jarno aurelien at aurel32.net
Mon Aug 1 12:48:16 UTC 2005

On Mon, Aug 01, 2005 at 06:01:41AM +0200, Robert Millan wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I made this new utility package, kfreebsd-config.  It is roughly the
> equivalent of modconf.
>
> Currently it can be used as an interface to load modules and setup your
> hardware.  It supports network cards, sound cards, and other miscellaneous
> stuff.
Nice, this would be easier than editing /boot/kernel/loader.conf

> The network card template is not very useful currently, because the kernel
> already contains most network card drivers, but this is subject to change in
> the future.
>
> I recommend to use this package when configuring sound cards and other stuff.
> Also, it doesn't hurt to add your network driver; this way it'll be already
> there when the "fat" kernel is cut down.

Well I don't think we should put network drivers as modules until we
have a way to detect the hardware. Thus it is not necessary to configure
the network cards with kfreebsd-config.

Aurelien

 : :' :  Debian GNU/Linux developer | Electrical Engineer
 `. `'   aurel32 at debian.org         | aurelien at aurel32.net