strange mysql bug, possibly thread related

Aurelien Jarno aurelien at aurel32.net
Sat Dec 3 21:37:35 UTC 2005

Konstantinos Koukopoulos a écrit :
> On Sat 03 Dec 2005 13:48, you wrote:
>
>>I would suggest trying new kernel with old libc, just to see what happens
>>(but not the other way around, as that would break your system AFAIK).
>

> OK, I tried kfreebsd-image 5.4.8 with old libc (2.3-1+kbsd.11) and mysql works
> fine. So it seems the problem is with the new libc package.

Could you please try with libc 2.3.1+kbsd.13? This version is the last
version of the glibc before the threading changes, but it includes some
other changes comparing to version 2.3.1+kbsd.11. That would help us to
know if the problem is due to the new threading signals or not.

You can find it here:
http://ftp.gnuab.org/debian/obsolete/2005-11-21/glibc

Thanks,
Aurelien