strange mysql bug, possibly thread related

Petr Salinger Petr.Salinger at t-systems.cz
Mon Dec 5 11:46:10 UTC 2005

Package: kfreebsd-5
Version: 5.4-8

Hi.

> I've installed libc 2.3.1+kbsd.13 (alongside kfreebsd-image 5.4-8)
> and mysql works ok.
> Indeed, and amavis=>clamd works, too :)

I played with it and the reason seems related to
thread signaling AND setuid()/setgid() calls.

Robin, Konstantinos, please, can you test to change
user of mysql and clamd to root ?
After that, it should work with latest glibc.

Given it helps also for you:

There is a exception granted for SIGUSR1 and SIGUSR2,
but not for our current thread signals.
Details in kernel sources, sys/kern/kern_prot.c, function
int cr_cansignal(struct ucred *cred, struct proc *proc, int signum)

Already fixed in FreeBSD 6.0, suggested patch for package kfreebds-5:
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/src/sys/kern/kern_prot.c.diff?r1=1.198&r2=1.187.2.3

Petr