glibc 2.3.6 status

Robert Millan rmh at aybabtu.com
Thu Dec 22 14:50:02 UTC 2005

On Thu, Dec 22, 2005 at 03:34:22PM +0100, Petr Salinger wrote:
> > > Critical problems:
> > >
> > >   - DNS resolving doesn't work (at least in ipv4).  This appears to be a
> > >   regression on a bug Aurelien already fixed some time ago.
>
> Not all patches from trunk/glibc-2.3/patches/
> have been previously merged in trunk/web/glibc-2.3.5.diff.
> I added only 004_no_nfs_h and I integrated also
> 015_export__end_symbol_for_brk and major part of 020_linuxthreads.diff.
> The rest needs review whether apply or not.
>
> So, solution is probably in some diff in trunk/glibc-2.3/patches/.

I think this is 014_resolver_ifreq.diff.  It was added by Aurelien, but IIRC he
said it's already in upstream.  Maybe it didn't make it to 2.3.5 ?

> > I forgot another minor problem:  some files that belong to
> > kfreebsd-kernel-headers are duplicated in libc0.1-dev.  I think they're actualy
> > the same files that belong to kernel, but I haven't verified.
>
> I expect big cleanup between kfreebsd-kernel-headers and libc0.1-dev ;-)
> Will be kfreebsd-kernel-headers FreeBSD 6.0 based ?

Sooner or later ;).  But if using 6.x headers breaks 5.x runtime somehow, then
5.x has to take preference.  As of now if we are going to release with etch, it's
most likely with 5.x.

--
Robert Millan