glibc 2.3.6 status

Robert Millan rmh at aybabtu.com
Fri Dec 23 13:14:18 UTC 2005

On Fri, Dec 23, 2005 at 01:25:35PM +0100, Robert Millan wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 21, 2005 at 06:37:06PM +0100, Petr Salinger wrote:
> >
> > Please, can you test what works and what fails ?
>
> After Aurelien's fixes now DNS seems to be working flawlessly.  I tested
> system reboot and a few other common tasks and they worked.  However, I have
> problems with X/KDM.  I'll send a followup soon after I finish tracing it.

Not much luck :(.  I could determine that X server works fine, but there are
some weird problems affecting all KDE apps.  gdb, being partialy broken, didn't
reveal any information in backtrace.  So all I know is:

$ konsole
DCOP aborting call from 'anonymous-2333' to 'kded'
kded: ERROR: Communication problem with kded, it probably crashed.
KCrash: Application 'konsole' crashing...
KCrash: Application 'kded' crashing...
^C

--
Robert Millan