Minutes of GNU/kFreeBSD IRC meeting 20050619

Guillem Jover guillem@debian.org
Mon, 20 Jun 2005 22:56:33 +0300

Hi,

On Mon, Jun 20, 2005 at 11:38:18AM +0200, Robert Millan wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 19, 2005 at 11:37:40PM +0200, Aurelien Jarno wrote:
> > 3) braindmg has spoken with Colin Watson about making it more
> >    portable. Colin is going to integrate a bunch of changes for that
> >    into d-i. Then some work has to be done to have a working d-i on
> >    GNU/kFreeBSD:
> >     - fixing grub
> >     - porting parted
> >     - porting rootskel
> >     - have ramdisk working
>
> I forgot to mention cdebootstrap in the meeting.  There's an open bug about
> FTBFS and package list (#285785) but another problem is that it fails at
> runtime too (it gets into an endless loop).

D-I may be switching back to debootstrap now that the maintainer has
reapeared. ;>

And it will support stuff like cross-installing, although we should
not be needed this.

regards,
guillem