[Gnuk-users] Gnuk, Nitrokey and upstream contributions

Nico Rikken nico at nicorikken.eu
Mon Sep 7 22:13:52 UTC 2015

Hi Jan,

Thanks for the clarification, and for making these products a reality. I
have a couple of follow-up questions based on your reaction:

1a) Is there a technical reason why the Pro isn't based on the Gnuk
software? I mean although it encompasses storage and a physical
smartcard, couldn't it share components with the Gnuk project? Or is
there a technical reason to refrain from continuing the Gnuk effort for
the Pro model?

1b) You mentioned 'never' which I believe to imply it would either not
be feasible for Gnuk or it would not fit the projects goal. Can you
elaborate on why this might not be a future goal for Gnuk?

1c) Does this imply that 4096 bit keys are actually likely to become
available via Gnuk?

Kind regards,
Nico Rikken (NL)