[Gnuk-users] Upgrading gnuk on a nitrokey start

Gary gary at mups.co.uk
Thu Sep 8 09:46:44 UTC 2016

On 07/09/16 19:54, Remy van Elst wrote:
> One of the nice things now is that I can put a 4096 bit key on the card,
> yay:

[snip]
> Generating the key on the card fails however:

[snip]

Although I could be mistaken, I seem to recall it mentioned that the
gnuk does not have enough memory to be able to generate a 4096 key on
the card itself but works fine if you generate on another machine then
upload.

I didn't try generating a key on the gnuk itself I just uploaded my
existing key 4096 key to mine and other than a bit of a delay (6-8
seconds or so) for signing, it works great :)

Gary