[Gnuk-users] GnuK 1.2.1 locked Admin PW

Peter Lebbing peter at digitalbrains.com
Wed Apr 12 13:11:25 UTC 2017

On 06/04/17 17:15, Paul Fertser wrote:
> There's no way to permanently brick an STM32F1x anyhow, do not
> worry.

Ah, thank you. I thought as much, but sometimes a silicon bug makes a
microcontroller less reliable than it ought to be. Or a garbled command
can be mistaken for the command to permanently turn off a debug port.
That's usually very unlikely, but if it only differs one bit from a
common programming command... If this happened in practice, it would
probably be common knowledge for regular users of the µC.

> And BTW, TUMPAv2 supports SWD with exactly the same resistor
> hack, so there's not too much sense in buying it if you already have
> TUMPAv1.

That's good to know, I'll simply use my TUMPAv1 then.

> And BTW, you can reflash via serial bootloader and stm32flash if you
> have access to BOOT0 pin.

I don't have a lead on that, on a QFN package.... *ba dum tsh*. Maybe
it's possible, but I'll use the SWD port first.

Thanks again!

Peter.