[Gnuk-users] Gnuk 1.2.3 passwords and counters

Ineiev ineiev at gnu.org
Tue Apr 18 17:57:34 UTC 2017

Hello,

On Mon, Apr 17, 2017 at 10:38:56AM -0400, Ineiev wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 17, 2017 at 02:00:18PM +0900, NIIBE Yutaka wrote:
> >
> > I think that your "wrong PIN" is too short.  In this case, the
> > authentication doesn't go to the token, but it is GnuPG just detects the
> > error.
>
> Indeed, with longer strings, the counter decreases.

Now, the next question. I attached my pinpad [0] to the token,
the bPinSupport value in usb_des.c is 3 (verify, modify).
The requests to enter and modify PIN and Admin PIN are served
with the pinpad, but whenever the Reset Code is needed, pinentry
is launched instead.

Is this expected? do other pinpads work with Reset Codes?

[0] http://freefriends.org/~ineiev/pinpad/index.html