[Gnuk-users] Multiple retired encryption keys

Gary gary at mups.co.uk
Fri Sep 22 22:21:46 UTC 2017

Hi all,

I've been wondering what to do when my current sub-keys expire. Modify
the expiry date to keep them active for another few years, or generate a
new encryption sub-key.

The latter option would be preferable but then it raises the question of
what to do about the old encryption key(s) given that the gnuk only
supports 3 slots for E,S,A and I'd want to retain access to old
encrypted data.

Is there any way to add extra keys beyond the 3 slots for E,S,A the gnuk
provides?

If not, what level of work would be involved to get gnupg+gnuk to
support the addition of multiple expired/old encryption keys? Is this
something that's likely to happen?

Regards,

Gary